Oncology-Medical Oncology opening in Greenville, North Carolina.
The Division of Hematology/Oncology at the East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine in Greenville, North Carolina is seeking a board certified Medical Oncologist on tenure track at the Associate Professor or Professor rank. The successful candidate will lead the division s thoracic oncology clinical research and coordinate care for a multidisciplinary team of expert cancer specialists who provide care for our 29 county geographic area of eastern North Carolina. East Carolina University is a member of the Alliance Cooperative Group and has a robust hematology/oncology clinical trials program. The Brody School of Medicine and ECU Health are partners in ensuring state of the art care for patients in our region through a cancer care network of university faculty and hospital employed physicians in a hub and spoke model of care.
- Academic tenure track employment by East Carolina University s Brody School of Medicine
- Hospital privileges at ECU Health Medical Center, a level 1 trauma, 974 bed Academic Medical Center, 2nd largest in North Carolina
- East Carolina University is a Main Member of the Alliance Cooperative with several regional ECU Health practices that serve as our sub-affiliates.
- The Division has a 3-year Hematology Oncology fellowship established in 2004 with 4 fellows per year with our faculty serving as the Core Clinical faculty for teaching and research.
- Our Multi-disciplinary Thoracic program was one of the first multidisciplinary tumor boards established in our division and currently consists of a Medical Oncologist, an interventional bronchoscopist in the ECU Division of Pulmonary/ Critical Care, 3 Thoracic Surgeons from the ECU Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, and 2 Academic Radiation Oncologists from the Division of Radiation Oncology
- Multidisciplinary disease-oriented care is the division s model which includes medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, benign and malignant hematologists, surgical oncologists, neurology oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, interventional radiologists, and patient navigators
- The Division offers specialized programs in breast cancer, aero digestive tract malignancy, melanoma, urologic malignancies, hematologic malignancies, benign hematology and hemostasis
- Our ECU Health Medical Center inpatient service is covered 24/7 by IM trained hospitalists with our Solid tumor and Hematology faculty and fellows providing consultative services.
- Outpatient services are coordinated at the new Eddie and Jo Allison Smith Tower in Greenville, located on the campus of ECU Health Medical Center
- State-of-the-art equipment 3 TruBeam linear accelerators, Gamma Knife, a M6 Cyber Knife with Accuray technology and a full spectrum of radiology services
- Clinical practice with teaching service including fellows, residents, APPs and nurses
- The only American College of Surgeons (ACoS) Commission on Cancer (COC) accredited Academic Comprehensive Cancer Center (ACAD) in eastern North Carolina
- Participation in a 9-hospital system of cancer care with 4 COC accredited community hospital sites with an integrated system wide medical record- EPIC
- A system of navigators at ECU Health Medical center and each regional site
- Referral network includes 29 county area with a population of 1.4 million people
- BC in Hematology/Oncology
- Experience in Thoracic Medical oncology
- Leadership in academic oncology setting
- Engaged PI in Cooperative group, pharma and Investigator initiated clinical research
- Core Clinical Faculty member for a large 12 fellow , 3 year Hematology Oncology fellowship program
- Develop treatment algorithms around national guidelines for lung cancer
- Clinical time in the multidisciplinary Thoracic clinic where new patients are seen and in and established thoracic medical oncology clinic
ECU Health Cancer Care at the Eddie and Jo Allison Smith Tower in Greenville
ECU Health Cancer Care is ECU Health s system-wide approach to eliminating cancer throughout eastern North Carolina, one patient at a time. ECU Health Cancer Care at the Eddie and Jo Allison Smith Tower in Greenville, located on the campus of ECU Health Medical Center, serves as the hub of ECU Health Cancer Care across the system. The 418,000-square-foot facility features 96 inpatient rooms, 60 infusion areas with a view of outdoor healing gardens and 58 different clinics centered on patient care. An image renewal center provides access to wigs, prosthetics, compression sleeves and garments. A resource center offers additional services to patients and families, including psychotherapy, support groups and complementary therapies.
ECU Health Physicians
ECU Health Physicians, the employed provider group of ECU Health, is comprised of over 1,100 physicians and advanced practice providers across more than 130 locations in eastern North Carolina. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
ECU Health Physicians includes an academic practice model (ECU employment) and a community practice model (health system employment). There is shared leadership and shared services to support the overall group and to ensure alignment for clinical care, research, education and strategy.
This innovative structure creates opportunities within ECU Health Physicians ranging from acute to ambulatory, academic practice to community practice, regional to rural, and everything in between.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
North Carolina has many draws to include vast state parks, professional sports teams (NBA, NFL and NHL), pristine beaches, high ranking public colleges/universities and diverse arts and cultural offerings - making the area an attractive location to live, practice medicine and vacation.