We've been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world's first motor oil. Today, we're a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all
of our people - and that's where you come in. We're looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you're looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you've come to the right place.Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Truck Driver
. We whole-heartedly adopt a 'never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we're looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.How You'll Make an Impact
The Truck Driver's primary responsibility is the safe delivery of both bulk and package product off of a combination of vehicles in the greater Chicago area. These include tractor trailer, box trucks and bulk trucks. Employees are expected to maintain a clean and safe work environment following all Valvoline set standards and regulations and keep current with their CDL requirements. This is a Monday - Friday position with some overtime required. In the role, you would be responsible for:
What You'll Need
- Delivering both bulk and package product to Valvoline customers in the greater Chicago area
- Keeping up with all required safety and compliance training, including keeping a current A class CDL with Bulk and Hazmat endorsements
- Properly placarding their truck and performing pre and post trip inspections on both the vehicle and any equipment, communicating any issues
- Keeping the truck, dock area and equipment clean and in good working order while maintaining a safe work environment
- Handling delivery related paperwork including; meter tickets, signed BOL's, packing slips, check requests and work orders
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years of CDL driving experience, preferably with daily route experience in the greater Chicago area
- A Class CDL with Bulk Tanker and Hazmat Certifications
- Must be able to pass a pre-work physical examination that demonstrates the ability to stand or drive a truck for long periods of time, lift over 50 lbs multiple times a day, and pull a hose up and down steps
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@ to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.