Radiology opening in Mattoon, Illinois. Job ID: 9677Practice Details
- Seeking two BC/BE Radiologists to expand coverage into our Southern Illinois market, primarily covering one hospital in Vandalia and one busy orthopedic clinic in Effingham
- These facilities are only 30 minutes apart
- The high-volume orthopedic clinic will benefit from someone with musculoskeletal interest and comfort level
- Tele-radiology is available for after hours and weekend coverage and in emergencies
- Candidate skill set must include general diagnostic radiology, GI fluoroscopy, arthrography, lumbar punctures, mammography, breast biopsies and image-guided biopsy/drainage procedures.
Pay Less. With A Cost Of Living Of 30% Less compared to St. Louis, This opportunity and Community will provide You With Significant Buying Power With The Opportunity To build your dream home, pay off medical school loans, and Retire Early.Closest Major City
The Housing Market. With Average Home Pricing Settled At $126,363 And Where A Desirable 3300 Square Ft./ 5 Bedroom/4 Bath Home Sold For $245,000, Building A Quality Of Life With Substantial Savings Is Easy.
The Community. The Community Is Welcoming To New Members And Offers A Series Of Fun Events Throughout The Year For Family Members And Getting To Know One Another.
Why this Employer? This Employer Is Committed To Its Doctors And The Entire Employee Staff And Enjoys Long Term Retention Of Its Key Physician Personnel Due To Exceptional Compensation And Quality Of Life Provided By The Community.
Colleges and Universities
- 114 miles to Saint Louis, MO
- 120 miles to Indianapolis, IN
- 163 miles to Louisville, KY
- 170 miles to Chicago, IL
- Lake Land College (Full-time enrollment: 7,499; Located in Mattoon, IL)
- Eastern Illinois University (about 11 miles; Charleston, IL; Full-time enrollment: 9,414)
- Richland Community College (about 40 miles; Decatur, IL; FT enrollment: 2,434)
- Millikin University (about 41 miles; Decatur, IL; FT enrollment: 2,419)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (about 45 miles; Champaign, IL; FT enrollment: 47,528)
- The city of Mattoon has 5 main parks and a bicycle and walking path for enjoyment.
- The Douglas-Hart Nature Center was established to recreate and maintain two native habitats of Illinois, the prairie and deciduous forest, as they appeared before intensive use of modern man. Trails wind throughout Douglas-Hart Nature Center's thirty-five acres. Observation stations are designated along the length of our 0.8 mile loop. An accompanying trail guide, detailing interesting and unique features of the prairie and deciduous forest, is available to all visitors.
- Lake Mattoon is fed by the Little Wabash River and is a popular recreation spot for boating, fishing, and camping.
- The Cross County Mall includes stores such as, JC Penney, Carsons, Maurices, Payless Shoes, Rue21 & More.
- The Thompson Thrift Plaza includes stores such as, Aspen Dental, All About Eyes, PetSmart, Hibbett Sports, Cato Fashions, Buffalo Wild Wings, The Cash Store, Wireless Mikes & so much more.
- The quaint, newly renovated Downtown Mattoon offers stores from a wide variety. From candy shops, specialty shops, furniture stores, restaurants, bars, music stores and more youll never want to leave.