Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator
Salary up to £29k per annum
We are currently recruiting for a Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator to join us at our Ibstock Brick Dorket Head site in Nottingham.
Reporting to the factory manager you will work with the factory team to advise on the statutory health, safety, and environmental requirements as they affect the operation. You will drive the culture of behavioural safety and assist the team in ensuring that all the legal and company HSE requirements are achieved.
This is a varied role with no two days the same, from supporting on writing risk assessments, participating in audits and inductions, incident investigation to collating and processing HSE data for the factory.
The role requires a good level of engagement with employees at all levels including feeding valuable information into daily and weekly management meetings and spending time on the production lines to understand the process. As well as admin duties, the role requires that a portion of the day will be spent hands on, on the factory floor.
The role will give plenty of exposure to group functions and involves the implementation of group projects at site level in line with business targets.
Health, Safety, & Wellbeing
- Promote a culture where the health, safety and wellbeing of colleagues is the absolute priority.
- Ensure all statutory obligations, company policies and procedures are understood and adhered to, by all direct reports, at all times.
- Manage contractor inductions.
- Track progress of SHE Assure actions for the team.
- Carry out SSOP reviews.
- Manage SHE Assure, progress actions.
- Review Avetta compliance.
- Ensure Factory RA are up to date and compliant
- Act as a role model of Ibstock s values and behaviours.
- Coach and develop the factory team to maximise their strengths, and to close any development gaps.
- Work with the factory team to implement the strategic plan for the site.
- Audit the Ibstock Management System (IMS).
- Collate process and report all factory HSE data.
- Ensure all relevant data is recorded accurately.
- Manage skills matrix and course bookings.
- Collaborate with all business stakeholders to ensure the Safety Health & Environment Strategy is delivered and all relevant legislation is complied to at all times.
- Provide accurate, timely and technical advice to colleagues in resolving issues in H&S and reducing environmental impact.
- Deliver Tool Box Talks (TBT s) to the factory team.
- Use data to identify and prioritise issues that affect the business, establish their root cause and provide findings and recommendations for business improvement.
- Manage occupational health monitoring in line with the business policies.
- Undertake administrative duties associated with the normal operation of the department.
- Ensure compliance to any environmental permits or licenses issued by enforcing authorities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Working experience of current Health & Safety and Environmental practices in the workplace
- An outstanding team player who meets challenge with a pragmatic and resilient approach.
- A natural coach with exceptional interpersonal skills who enjoys developing and leading others to improve their performance.
- Strong influencing and engagement skills, demonstrated through passion and encouragement, to a wide cross section of people, to stop and consider safer ways of working.
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience of presenting to a team.
- The ability to analyse, interpret and present data to identify key trends and opportunities.
- Numerate and literate.
- Ability to use IT systems effectively.
- IOSH Managing Safely (to be achieved within 12 Months)
- IEMA Foundation course in Environmental Management
- Maths and English GCSE (Grade C or above
Please note: it is our policy to verify all relevant qualifications.
Training & Development
Ibstock aims to operate to world-class standards and the successful candidate will be required to commit to a programme of training and development.
The training may take place at one of our sites or at training providers facilities around the UK; therefore, you may be required to stay away from home. We will meet expenses incurred during your training.
Ibstock plc is a market leading manufacturer and partner of choice for innovative clay and concrete building products, building the face of Britain for over 200 years.
We are no ordinary manufacturing business. Through our principal products of clay bricks, brick components, concrete roof tiles, concrete stone masonry substitutes, concrete fencing, pre-stressed concrete products and concrete rail products, we re committed to providing new solutions to today s social and environmental challenges for the new build housing and domestic repair, maintenance, improvement markets (RMI) and infrastructure.
Many of our long-standing customer relationships have lasted over 40 years. Our customer focus is based on quality, service and consistency and our service-led ethos is one of the key drivers in the growth of our market share over the past 10 years.
Ibstock PLC are committed and passionate about building a diverse environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, disability or age.