Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Danville, Kentucky. Job ID: 9685Practice Details
- This leading health care provider and one of the 100 Greatest Community Hospitals in America is expanding the psychiatry service program.
- Seeking a BE/BC psychiatrist to provide in-patient treatment, consults and out-patient services for our patients.
- The physician can expect to build a busy practice quickly.
- Recruitment of a psychiatrist is due to a strong community need and to support the hospital s medical staff.
- Join 3 Psychiatrists and 1 Advanced Practtioner.
- This friendly and supportive physician centric organization and it's leaders are very supportive of the development of their physicians, along with the development in the psychiatry service program.
About the Psychiatry Department:
- The Psychiatric Department has 20 total beds, 7 geriatric, 13 adult.
- The department's goal is to provide psychiatry therapy and care in our region by creating an adolescent to senior care center that would contain our out-patient psychiatry services in addition to in-patient psychiatric unit.
- Treats Alzheimer s Disease, Dementia, other behavioral disturbances for the elderly.
- The adult unit specializes in acute treatment, including, Depression, Suicidality, Bipolar disorder, Schizophrenia, Substance Use disorders and other behavioral disturbances.
- This employer is reconized as one of the 100 Greatest Community Hospitals in America.
- This healthcare system is a comprehensive, integrated healthcare delivery system that serves more than 119,000 residents from six counties in central Kentucky.
- This Regional Medical Center located in Danville, Kentucky is a 222-bed licensed, not-for-profit regional medical center offering acute care and comprehensive outpatient services. The hospital serves individuals living in Boyle and the surrounding counties.
- The hospital was founded in 1887 and was named after the pioneering surgeon who performed the world s first abdominal surgery in 1809 in Danville, Kentucky.
- Currently, this employer has more than 100 physicians on staff, representing 38 specialties.
- We have earned designation as a Center of Excellence, through The Joint Commission, for total hip and total knee replacement surgeries as well as for spinal surgery and hip fracture. In addition, we are a Center of Excellence for Robotic Surgery through Surgical Review Committee.
- Medical services include the region s most advanced technology and skilled health care providers.
- The leadership team / administration is very supportive of this recruitment effort and the development in the clinic in our service area.
- Accreditations in mammography, CT scans, clinical laboratory and pathology, stereotactic breast biopsy, cardiovascular services and pharmacy, given by their respective accrediting bodies.
- Also, accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, meaning we meet or exceed benchmarks for rapidly diagnosing and treating patients who arrive with symptoms of a heart attack, thus reducing deaths and major adverse events.
- Winning the Kentucky Hospital Association s Quality Award five out of the past seven years
- Winning the Kentucky Association for Healthcare Quality Team Award in 2015
- Recognized in 2019 as a High Performing Hospital for COPD services by the U.S. News & World Report.
- Emergency Department has been deemed Pediatric Ready after meeting criteria set by the Kentucky Pediatric Emergency Care Coalition in compliance with national recommendations and guidelines.
- Named one of the 100 Great Community Hospitals in the U.S. by Becker s Hospital Review
- Recognized by the Kentucky Quality Improvement Organization for improvement in reducing its heart failure readmission rate
- Emergency Department recognized as one of the 2014 Best Hospitals for Patient Experience in Emergency Care
Best of both worlds!
This bedroom community of Lexington, Kentucky provides you quick easy access to the amenities of one of the most attractive cities in the US, including fine dining, cultural amenities, annual Kentucky derby.
By being in the middle of some of the most dynamic collegiate championship brands enjoy rooting for the Kentucky Wildcat's basketball all less than 35 miles away.
This opportunity is ideally suited for the doctor who will enjoy the tranquility of the rolling bluegrass landscape of Kentucky with the flexibility to live a short and scenic commute to Lexington or anywhere in between.
More home for less money.
You are are financial savvy doctor who aims to maximize earnings and saving for the future where median home prices are $ 141,500 and a 5-bedroom, 4,650 sq foot home on acres is listed at $439,900.
Employed with Autonomy.
This thriving, cohesive and dynamic cardiology team are hospital employees of a Nationally Ranked - Top 100 Hospitals in the Nation providing you the environment to provide ultimate patient care. The Cardiologists and administration work extremely well together and you may find you'll have greater autonomy without the business hassles of running your own practice. Closest Major City
Colleges and Universities
- 33 miles to Lexington-Fayette, KY
- 68 miles to Louisville, KY
- 106 miles to Cincinnati, OH
- 150 miles to Nashville, TN
- Centre College (Full-time enrollment: 1,294; Located in Danville, KY)
- Eastern Kentucky University (about 27 miles; Richmond, KY; Full-time enrollment: 13,525)
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College (about 31 miles; Lexington, KY; FT enrollment: 8,560)
- University of Kentucky (about 31 miles; Lexington, KY; FT enrollment: 23,517)
- Campbellsville University (about 38 miles; Campbellsville, KY; FT enrollment: 2,948)
- Herrington Lake, the deepest lake in Kentucky, offers boating opportunities and fishing spots to cast for bass, catfish and bluegill.
- Danville Country Club is a private facility that offers a pristine golf course, a restaurant, card room, six lighted tennis courts and an outdoor Olympic-size heated swimming pool.
- The Windjammer Fun Center is a family entertainment venue offering rollerskating, laser tag, an arcade, and snack bar.
- Greenleaf Shopping Center is a mall in Danville.
- Downtown Danville has tons of shopping and specialty retail.
- Seeking upscale shopping. Take a short drive to Lexington where stores range from charming boutiques to mega centers; bargain-priced places to the totally upscale and the classic to the trendy.