Pediatrics opening in Bangor, Maine.
A well-respected outpatient care facility that is located in the north-east corner of Maine, near the Canadian border, is seeking a full-time, permanent, Pediatrics Physcian to join their facility. C ompetitive with salary/benefits and facility does follow the MGMA guidelines for the Northeast.
The Pediatrician of the clinic is responsible for caring within an outpatient setting with minimal inpatient responsibilities. Enjoy an unbeatable work-life balance. The incoming physician will work Monday through Friday, infrequent rotated Saturday hours, and 1-2 mom call. Residents are welcome to apply. J-1 & H-1B visa sponsorship available.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- The leader of deliveries, north of Bangor Maine, with over 200 deliveries annually
- The practice is conveniently attached to affiliated Medical Center with easy internal stairway access to the hospital s maternal/child unit and Operating Rooms one floor above.
- Patients: Patient profile is newborn to approximately age 18
- Call: 1 in 3 rotation with infrequent requirement to come into the hospital for pediatric admissions
- Health care provider has a telephone triage system to screen after-hours calls. The Women s & Children s Health Center offers extended early morning and evening hours two days a week, for ease of patient access. When medically necessary, OB and Pediatric patients can access the ER at Cary Medical Center for after-hours care. The ER is staffed 24/7 by a Board-certified Emergency Physician.
- Full-time: 5 days per week, including one early evening each week on a rotating basis; Saturday morning hours may be considered in the future.
- Supports the organization s ideology, mission, goals, and objectives.
Minimum Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Board Certified or board eligible on defined track to become Board Certified
- Allopathic and osteopathic physicians will be considered equally.
- American born and trained physicians and foreign-born physicians who have completed a US residency and/or fellowship will be considered equally. H-1B and J-1 candidates can be considered.
- In-practice physicians, residents or fellows, and military-trained physicians will be considered equally
- Pediatricians attend all C-sections.
- PALS certification required, NRP certification highly desirable.
- Lower cost of living based in a small-town setting.
- Near beautiful scenery that offer hiking, fishing, kayaking, and similar recreational activities!
- Medical Center has been listed in the top 2% of hospitals in the nation for health information and patient safety technology implementation.
- Excellent housing options in a great & safe community.