Physiatry/Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation opening in Bronx, New York.
Essen Health Care is a growing community healthcare network provides high quality, compassionate, and accessible medical care to some of the most vulnerable and under-served residents of New York State. Guided by a population health model of care, Essen has five integrated clinical divisions offering services in primary & specialty offices, urgent care centers, and nursing homes, as well as house calls for home bound patients; all clinical services are also offered via telehealth. Our Care Management division supports patient-centered care through care coordination, complex care management and helping address health-related social needs.
- Examining patients that need to undergo physical therapy.
- Diagnosing pain as a result of an injury, disease, or a disabling condition.
- Determining and implementing appropriate treatment plans for patients.
- Recommending and undertaking various medical procedures, such as disc decompression, prolotherapy, and vertebroplasty to treat pain and improve physical functioning.
- Leading a team of medical professionals, which may include physical therapists and occupational therapists, in order to optimize patient care.
- Monitoring ongoing progress and health of patients, and changing treatment plans, as necessary.
- Providing adaptive tools to improve the overall health and physical functioning of patients.
- Counseling patients and their families and helping them adapt to lifestyle changes.
- Providing support and advice to patients receiving long-term care.
- Conducting research on injuries, diseases, and disabling conditions in order to improve and advance treatments.
- Bachelor s degree in biology, physical sciences, or a related field.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) degree.
- 4 to 7 years internship and residency training, specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation.
- Certification by The American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (ABPMR).
- Valid and active medical license in the state you wish to practice.
- Working knowledge of different types of rehabilitation treatments and programs for different disabilities.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Wonderful bedside manner.
- Excellent communicator who can empathize with patients.
Founded in 1999, Essen provides care in all five boroughs of New York City, with a primary focus in the Bronx. Staffed by over 300 primary and specialty care physicians and advanced clinicians, Essen Health Care is one of the largest, most comprehensive private medical groups in New York City. Essen maintains a Clinical Information Services team that maintains our enterprise-wide electronic medical record system, data repository, clinical analytics and population health capabilities. Our Community Services teams creates and sustains relationship with community organizations and agencies and health plans.
Essen is dedicated to ensuring the quality of care for all patients and has been designated Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance. Essen has won awards for its patient care innovations and recently launched Intention Health Ventures to develop and commercialize our technology innovations.
ESSEN HEALTH CARE IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Essen Health care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically diverse population.