Thriving academic practice, Minimal call, Strong support from Pulm & Thoracic Surgery
VCU Health / MCV Physicians, the medical group of the Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, seeks Cardiothoracic Radiologist to join our active and well-established clinical and academic service. We are routinely listed among America s top radiologists, the Best Doctors in America, and peer-selected among Richmond s Top Docs as highlighted in the Richmond Magazine.
- No general, No ED, No nights, Academic or clinical career
- Join five other cardiothoracic radiologists responsible for all aspects of chest and cardiac imaging services as well as lung cancer screenings and interventional thoracic procedures. No general radiology required.
- VCU Medical Center is an 822-bed hospital and the only Level I adult, pediatric & burn center in the region.
- As part of VCU s School of Medicine, you will work with medical students and residents and you will find many opportunities for academic advancement.
- Our department faculty and full-time research scientists uphold the tradition of innovative discoveries and excellence in research.
- Exceptional quality of life - teleradiologists cover overnight studies originating from the ED, residents cover inpatients after hours, and you have the ability to read studies from home.
- The ideal candidate will be proficient in most aspects of chest and cardiac imaging including chest CT and CTA, chest plain films, cardiac CT and MR. Special interest or skill in thoracic acute care imaging, trauma, oncology, cardiology, transplantation, mechanical ventricular assist devices, and infectious and occupational lung diseases is preferred. Interventional not required.
- Cardiothoracic Imaging fellowship training required.
Richmond, Virginia, the best river city in the country, offers you and your family
- top-ranking public and private schools
- a mild climate which lends itself to a host of recreational activities, including biking the Capital Trail from Richmond to Williamsburg and whitewater rafting through the center of downtown
- a low cost of living and minimal traffic
- easy access to the Atlantic Ocean, Washington, DC and the Blue Ridge Mountains
- suburbs which are ranked among the nation s best
- a vibrant arts, culture and entertainment community
- one of the most exciting food cities in the country with nationally recognized restaurants, and dozens of microbreweries.
If interested, please contact: