WHAT YOU'LL DO
BCG is in a period of rapid growth and transformation that is fueling the expansion of our Meetings & Events (M&E) team: a dedicated group of meeting professionals focused on creating safe and inspirational environments that bring people together to enable meaningful connections and create global impact. This group partners closely with BCG's senior leaders, functional and regional teams, and individual meeting planners across the company to enhance overall experience while creating efficiencies and lowering risk for all meeting formats (in-person, virtual, & hybrid).
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Meeting & Events Business Partner (MBP) is the trusted advisor who believes a deep understanding of the customer coupled with great service is core to successful meetings. You will be the go to person for all meeting and event needs with the ability to keep things running smoothly today while thinking ahead to ensure your customer is ready for the events landscape of tomorrow. You will be helping customers define their portfolio and create events aligned with their vision and goals set by internal customers. You will bring strategic thought partnership, operational expertise, and management experience for high value/high visibility events across all meeting formats (in-person, virtual, hybrid). The Business Partner is the customers' critical connection to a broad range of event support services both in M&E and across BCG.
The MBP will act as the event architect by bringing together a range of experiences and ideas for discussion and subsequent action. You will be responsible for maintaining and growing the customer relationship, developing a deep understanding of how that customer's events support their business. You will bring a range of ideas from your own and others event experiences and will provide targeted recommendations that are risk appropriate, consistent with BCG's image and brand and reflect the best of BCG today and into the future.
MBPs attend to stakeholders needs at every level and meet stakeholders with support when needed. MBPs act as a liaison between other senior leaders (PALs, GPMDs) with M&E, METs stakeholders and team members. Establishment and maintenance of key relationships include:
- Ensuring end to end high level support throughout meeting planning process
- Checking in with stakeholders before, during, and after event planning process
- Delivery of pristine customer service throughout
- Helping stakeholders navigate high-level meeting considerations
- Engagement with senior PA leaders / steerco members to be sure goals and objectives are being met
- Driving the M&E team forward through thoughtful and careful internal and external analysis and reflection
- Check-ins with internal M&E team during regular touchpoints
- Lead by example and promote an organized, communicative, and customer-oriented team
- Prioritize reflection and growth through consistent check-ins and feedback (both administering and receiving)
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- You possess interpersonal and relationship building skills with both internal and external stakeholders and can collaborate cross-functionally
- You focus on what matters most: you are good at project management, managing complex networks of stakeholders and deliverables
- You approach things with a service mindset that focuses on creating customer value, loyalty, and trust
- You have a strong sense of accountability and resourcefulness in identifying and implementing continuous process improvements
- You value transparency and open feedback and strive to unlock the potential' of those who work around you
- You excel in a fast-paced environment and remain calm and pragmatic under stressful situations
- You are comfortable working independently, managing through ambiguity, and collaborating with a virtual team in a rapidly changing, global environment
- You use data to inform problem solving
This job may require significant global travel (approx. 30 days travelling during the year). Unpredictable workload and hours - programs may require higher peak hours over long durations at times
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business, Communication, Hospitality/Events or related field and 10 + years related experience in event management (preferably in a corporate environment)
- Demonstrated expertise in building strong service delivery teams
- Technical understanding of digital meeting tools and platforms
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal); strong command of the English language required. Multilingual preferred.
- Previous experience working in a global service driven organization with both in person and virtual teams
- Experience working across cultural boundaries in a complex, matrix structured organization preferred
- People management experience preferred (distributed global team management experience will be valued)
YOU'LL WORK WITH
This role reports to Jen Balaskas, Customer Engagement Director, and will work in close partnership with all MBPs and more specifically with PA MBPs and PA leadership.
Meetings & Events (M&E) team's purpose at BCG is to create safe and inspiring environments that bring people together to enable meaningful connections and global impact through partnership, innovation, and providing an exceptional level of customer service to deliver savings, risk mitigation, efficiency, and enhanced experiences for all BCG meetings and events.
The M&E team serves as a strategic advisor and tactical support network to our worldwide, regional, and local teams who are responsible for the delivery of successful events and projects.
Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.