At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are seeking a highly motivated Principle Real Time Software Engineer - Level 5
in Kent, WA
that is interested/experienced in the areas of cloud development, image processing and computer vision using the latest open-source Python technologies.
An interest in clean code, Agile development and code reviews is essential to this teams culture and success.
This position requires motivated, self-learning individuals who want to pick up new skills and technologies quickly to meet customer needs. This position will develop skills in technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, DevSecOps pipelines, GluonCV and many others. This position is expected to be 100% onsite . The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options. Position Responsibilities:
This position is expected to be 100% onsite . The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options. Successfully completed a Tier 5 Investigation (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 7 years or have you been enrolled in a Continuous Evaluation program such that periodic updates are no longer required Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Provide subject matter expertise to the team as well hands-on development, primarily in the areas of: 1) Software architecture concepts, primarily cloud-based solutions; 2) Cloud-based service models, such as Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS); and 3) Cutting edge cloud-native data analytics tools and solutions.
- Develop automated unit and end-to-end test scripts
- Lead and conduct design and code review sessions
- Lead cross team product reviews and promotions into cloud environments
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working in an Agile Software Development Methodology environment
- Experience with shell scripting languages including Python
- Experience using DevOps/CI-CD and supporting tools such as TFS, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Artifactory, Git
- 3+ years experience working with signal processing algorithm development
- Experience with AWS, Elastic MapReduce (EMR), EC2, S3
- Docker/Kubernetes, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Node.js, Springboot, etc. experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master years' related work experience).
- In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Referral Bonus:
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. Additional Information: All information provided will be checked and may be verified. Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date
This is a union-represented position.
Eligible for 3ERP Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.