Leidos is seeking an IT Program Manager to support a contract in the Washington DC Metro area. The customer designs, develops, tests, integrates and deploys solutions for critical requirements. The current solution is at the end of life stage, therefore new solutions need to be developed and incorporated; new and innovative technologies utilized to successfully meet the user requirements. The goal of the customer is to design and deliver an enterprise-level system with a modular, segmented architecture that can support both large scale and small scale solutions in order to meet the requirements across a broad range of applicable use cases. In order to support the technical requirements, the customer requires Information Technology (IT) activities to achieve the goal of designing, developing, testing, integrating and deploying the solutions.
The selected candidate will perform project support for IT projects and activities; use Agile, waterfall methodologies and Project Management Framework (PMF) when providing project support; and engage with the customer and contractor team for mapping priorities against the program plan. They will also develop and deliver project schedules which align to the programs priorities and master schedule; adhere to the project schedule, budget, quality of products, and project deliverables that were defined in the integrated master schedule; and drive the identified priorities through the established project management requirements and governance board by preparing the necessary documentation. They will be expected to provide project status in conjunction with customer's provided budget, deliverables and schedule; evaluate project risk and inform the customer's management team; provide project status updates using reports and briefings; and develop project strategies and communicate results to senior leadership. They will also collaborate with the Customer and contractor teams in support of the program to perform requirements, meet program objectives, provide transparent work packages and deliverables to the Customer, and interact with members of the technical team leads; to understand the current system, subsystems, and component specifications and be able to use experience to recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development. They will also communicate and share expertise within and across the customer's organizational boundaries. The Contractor shall work both independently and in small groups. The Contractor will serve as the overall POC to the IDIQ PMO and customer to manage the entire project. The Contractor will serve as the manager for all Leidos staff on the effort.
- Bachelor's degree and 12 years of relevant experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education
- Demonstrated experience communicating with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated experience working on a team with a diverse cadre of experts.
- Demonstrated experience de-conflicting issues and managing risk across projects.
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing a project strategy.
- Demonstrated experience managing end-to-end delivery.
- Demonstrated experience communicating results to senior management.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple complex technical projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office Tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience within the Sponsor's IT systems.
- Certifications: PMI, PMP.
Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.