Under the general supervision of the Security Account Manager, the Security Performance Manager is primarily responsible for leading, managing, and overseeing the daily screening and security operations, providing consistent direction and procedures to achieve customer service, financial and operational goals at the station.
Essential Functions / Key Responsibilities
- Manages performance of all screening and physical security functions at location
- Oversees daily operations at assigned site.
- Manages customer service, operational and financial metrics to ensure goals are achieved
- Establishes measures and manages performance of direct reports, and others through coaching, development, and adherence to ERMC performance management processes
- Builds effective partnerships with customers, clients, vendors, and business partners
- Reviews and analyzes metrics and reports
- Responsible for the fiscal health of the security operations
- Prepares reports as required by Director and ERMC leadership
- Enforces all Security policies and standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Responsible and accountable for driving consistent compliance to all ERMC corporate policy
- Ensures information is communicated in a clear, concise, and comprehensive manner
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with clients, prospective clients, and trade organizations to explain services offered by ERMC.
- Solicits feedback from clients and sets goals for areas of improvement in service levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Security principles and practices.
- Knowledge of security access controls and badging, security operations center, and fingerprinting systems preferred.
- Must demonstrate professional/ethical behavior in all roles, tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to supervise, coach or commend staff.
- Must be able to enforce rules and regulations as required by the client.
- Must be able to write incident reports.
- Must be able to work well with people of various backgrounds and all levels of management.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be detail oriented, customer focused, able to work on multiple tasks concurrently, and maintain confidentiality.
- Have excellent computer skills with at least a working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications using Microsoft Office.
- Must be a local (in-state) resident.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must complete SIDA training if needed to obtain airport authority identification security.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience is desired.
- Minimum 2 (two) - 3 (three) years supervisory/management experience is preferred.
- High school diploma OR GED REQUIRED. college degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications such as MS Word, MS Excel and MS Access. Must be able to self-manage from both an operational and financial viewpoint. Excellent organization and follow-up skills. Must be detail oriented. Must be performing satisfactorily in current position. Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. Must possess or ability to obtain an SIDA badge.
- Location: JFK Terminal Airport - New York
- You will need to have flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Must be able to be alert to moving vehicles and use radio equipment.
- Utilizes a personal computer. May sit for long periods.
- Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations.
- Must be able to work indoors and out doors.
A majority of the day is spent out in the field overseeing site operations. Occasionally visits assigned sites and may be exposed to outside weather conditions such as extreme heat and cold.
- Must be able to lift / carry / push / pull and move items up to 70 pounds
- Must be able to walk, climb, bend, kneel, and stoop
- Sense of Sound/Hearing - Must be able to communicate by radio, phone, and other devices.
- Oversees daily Operations at site
ERMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Licenses & Certifications
- NYS LicensedSecurityGuard