Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer that will assist with a contract in the Washington DC Metro Area. The customer designs, develops, tests, integrates and deploys solutions for critical requirements. The current solution is at the end of life stage, therefore new solutions need to be developed and incorporated; new and innovative technologies utilized to successfully meet the user requirements. The goal of the customer is to design and deliver an enterprise-level system with a modular, segmented architecture that can support both large scale and small scale solutions in order to meet the requirements across a broad range of applicable use cases. In order to support the technical requirements, the customer requires Information Technology (IT) activities to achieve the goal of designing, developing, testing, integrating and deploying the solutions.
The Software Engineer will develop forward thinking solutions to ensure the lifecycle of the product is modular, readable, and maintainable and apply current industrial software development best practices that include iterative and incremental project management techniques and agile software development. The Software Engineer team will complete the design, development, integration, and test of all software. This includes, algorithm software, applications, tools, web and portal systems; enhance the software functionality based on evolving customer needs and technology opportunities; provide documentation of the tools and processes used to build and install the software in the production environment; and prepare and deliver program and user level documentation, software source code, and lessons learned. They will also provide regular system requirements and capabilities updates to the customer, apply current industrial software development best practices that include iterative and incremental project management techniques and agile software development, and interact with members of the technical team leads; to understand the current system, subsystems, and component specifications and be able to use experience to recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development. They will also communicate and share expertise within and across the Sponsor's organizational boundaries and work both independently and in small groups.
- Bachelors degree and 12 years of relevant experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing software information.
- Demonstrated experience designing, developing and documenting software.
- Demonstrated experience understanding the complete software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience with independently designing and implementing medium to large-sized software systems and components.
- Demonstrated experience with design, develop, and implementation of multiple software components and systems.
- Demonstrated experience communicating the design and implementation of software systems including relevant strengths, weaknesses and reasons for implementation decisions.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux operating systems such as Ubuntu and Debian.
- Demonstrable experience in solving technical problems.
- Demonstrated experience with network technology from the programmer's perspective.
- Demonstrated experience with cloud environments.
- Demonstrated experience with NodeJS, GTK, React, Virtual Infrastructure, WireGuard, Cryptography, Gitlab, LDAP, Kerberos, and VPN.
Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.