This is an entry-level engineering position. Assists in developing, planning, coordinating, and performing engineering work for multiple projects. Performs assignments designed to develop professional engineering work knowledge and abilities, requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. Requires judgment in regard to details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives. Essential Functions
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Communicates with Supervisor for project guidance and status.
- Performs accurate analysis and design necessary to fulfill the scope of engineering services.
- Assists in the preparation of final construction bid documents conforming to the scope of engineering services.
- Conducts periodic construction site observations for the project and attend project meetings as required by clients.
- Assists with performing monthly billing of clients for work completed.
- Provides assistance to the project manager with liaison between clients, contractors, and regulatory agencies.
- Routinely communicates with principals, design group leaders, project managers, CADD technicians, engineering technicians, surveyors, government agencies, contractors, subcontractors, and administrative staff.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Education and Experience
- Must be able to develop the ability to work with clients to define and document requirements, address technical concerns, and provide project status.
- Must be able to develop effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer literate. AutoCAD required.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Candidates must be capable of self-sufficiency and working on all aspects of projects.
- Valid Driver's License.
- BS in Civil Engineering or technical equivalent.
- 0-2 years of civil engineering experience.
- Must pass the FE examination.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; occasionally the employee may need to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and infrequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.